Sunday, January 23, 2011

A SHORT NEW HAMPSHIRE HIKE WITH GRANDKIDS

     Traveled over to New Hampshire to visit our daughter and her family. While there we took a short, snowy hike on a very cold, brisk day. I doubt that we covered more than about three quarters of a mile in distance, but we did have a very good time.
    The three boys enjoyed the snow, even though everyone did not get their choice of trails to follow. They have been hit hard with a number of snow storms this winter and actually have more snow in southern New Hampshire than we have here in northern New York. I almost wished I had thrown all my snowshoes in the car for the trip. Not that snowshoes were actually needed but the boys could have had more fun tramping around on them.
(exploring snow covered rocks along the trail)
     Saw some interesting sights along the hike. One man was out walking his two dogs, one a purebred red husky and the other was mixed breed. Beautiful animals and well mannered.
   It was a pleasant hike though short in duration because of the cold. Took a number of photographs. Despite the cold weather of late, make sure you get out and enjoy the winter months.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun, but VERY cold. I'd like to see the pictures you took looking up the trunk of those big trees. Did they come out good? I keep forgetting to ask when I talk to you.

    ReplyDelete